Powers is monitoring the situation involving the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As our firm navigates this complicated challenge and remains open for business, we are taking measures to protect our attorneys, staff, and clients.
Powers is prepared for a crisis of this kind and, following the guidance of health officials, we have implemented a business continuity plan that enables our firm to move to full-remote access. This plan will allow us to protect the health of our employees and our community, while continuing to provide the same exceptional level of service to our clients. Given our excellent IT capabilities, we are confident that this plan will not affect the level of responsiveness to our clients.
As part of the plan, we have implemented the following measures effective immediately:
- Remote access has been enabled for all firm personnel, allowing both attorneys and staff to serve clients from home
- All of our professionals are readily available to service our clients
- Anyone who is sick or has come into contact with someone with coronavirus is prohibited from entering the office
- Any non-essential travel is prohibited
- We are encouraging social distancing; however, we have the technological capability to have “face time” with our clients if necessary
By implementing these measures, we hope to contribute to the ongoing containment efforts in our community and limit the impact on our firm and clients. While these are difficult times, we are confident that we will meet this challenge and remain readily accessible to our clients.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to your firm contact. You may also dial our main firm line, which will enable you to use a dial by name directory to reach employees: (202)-466-6550.