Powers Principal, Joel Hamme, will be a panelist on July 1, 2014 at a session of the American Health Lawyers Association’s Annual Meeting in New York City. The session is titled “The Wars Among The States: Medicaid Eligibility Expansion Under The Affordable Care Act.”
It will feature discussion of the various legal and policy questions raised by state decisions whether to participate in Medicaid eligibility expansion, and will cover:
- The relevant provisions of the Affordable Care Act (“ACA”);
- The Supreme Court’s ruling on Medicaid eligibility expansion in NFIB v. Sebelius;
- Implications of expansion decisions on other ACA issues, including Medicare and Medicaid disproportionate share payments and health insurance subsidies;
- The current status of state decisions on expansion and the perspectives of states that have embraced expansion, adopted alternative expansion models, and rejected expansion; and
- Forecasts as to what the future holds.
Joining Joel on the panel will be Charlene Frizzera, former Acting Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and Billy Millwee, former Director of the Texas Medicaid program.
Copies of session materials, including a 51 jurisdiction survey, will be made available on request to email@example.com.